Best paired with our Marsanne Viognier Roussanne
Our Marsanne Viognier Roussanne offers so much when joined with the fragrant flavours of an Asian inspired Salmon Poke Bowl. The ideal dish to highlight this wine’s texture and balance.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1/3 cup honey (sub | brown sugar or maple syrup)
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar (sub | distilled vinegar, white wine, or red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 – 4 salmon fillets (depending on how many people your feeding), cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup dried white rice ( sub | any variety of rice or quinoa)
- 2 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup carrots, shredded, sliced, or spiralized
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- Lime (Lime is a MUST, don’t skimp!)
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Sesame seeds
Step 1) Combine all of the marinade ingredients (soy sauce, broth, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic powder, and ginger powder). Measure out 1/3 cup and set aside to use for the sauce.
Step 2) Pour the remaining marinade over the salmon, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (This step can be done the night before).
Step 3) While the salmon marinates, prepare the rice. Bring the 2 cups of broth to a boil in a medium pot. Pour the salt, olive oil, and dry rice into the boiling broth, stir once or twice, cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to low. Let the rice simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Step 4) Heat a large pan over medium high. Carefully add the salmon fillets, and cook for 10-15 minutes on each side (depending on how well done you like your salmon!).
Step 5) Serve the bowls with a hefty amount of rice and salmon. Then top the bowls with the raw vegetables, reserved sauce, lime, avocado, and coriander!
Recipe via the hungry waitress